Friday, 11 August 2017

Make a log carrier

I made this several years ago, and it's still going strong.  It's much easier and safer for me to move logs about with this than try to carry them in my arms.  The canvas came from the local Scrapstore when we used it a lot with the children; not sure where the webbing strap came from, but it wouldn't have cost much.
It's a rectangle of canvas with the webbing strap sewn up and down the length of it and extended into handles, no joins so it's good and strong; nice and quick to make too.
The idea came from a tiny b/w advert that I'd torn out of a Countryman' magazine many years before and kept all that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spoon carving

This is something I've wanted to try for many years, but for several reasons I've not managed it so far.   Reading up on bushcraft, ...