Monday, 7 August 2017

Clothes maketh the woman, and this woman maketh the clothes..........

One of my greatest pleasures is being able to make my  own clothes - self reliance and anarchy in action, not to mention the delight of the 'not on the high street' qualities.
I finished this cardigan today; crocheted in 4 ply pure wool, it's been an ongoing project for about three months.  I kept it over in the polytunnel to work on when it rained, or I was sitting with a cup of coffee.  I found some vintage French glass buttons for a ridiculously cheap price on e-bay, which arrived within four days - they're perfect for it.
I've a lot of things planned for the needles, and cast on the second kep this afternoon. I'm gearing up to get the sewing machine out and set up soon too, I could do with a couple of new skirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOOL

A very worthwhile and accessible local charity that does wonderful compassionate work http://www.mool.scot/